Contact

Contact: rloznak@gmail.com. All images are copyrighted.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Deepwater Horizon oil spill in Alabama

I drove over to Gulf Shores, Alabama today to see how the Deepwater Horizon oil spill was impacting the white sand beaches. The stretch of beach at Gulf Sands State Park was blanketed with tens of thousands of small tar balls. My photos from the spill are represented by Zuma Press.
I didn't see much wildlife on the beach but I did find this cluster of small oil tainted shellfish. I think they're some sort of barnicle.
Quarters sized tar balls mark the beach as three women look out at the Gulf of Mexico.
I saw several hundred workers on the beach at the state park . I don't think they were very effective in their cleanup of the thousands of small tar balls. At best, they raked up some of the oil stained seaweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment